Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Garden Tour


 
 
Thanks for visiting!

 
A couple of weeks ago Steve and I spent a beautiful Spring day at the Historic Home and Garden
Tour in the town I grew up in.  The area is walking distance to a pretty lake and many of the streets are still paved with the original brick. The entire neighborhood is shaded by giant oak trees covered with moss.  Homes on the tour were built from 1912 to 1927,  the styles range from Bungalow to Mediterranean.

Today we will take a look at the gardens and yards.  I'll be back later with photos of the homes.


Below are pictures of my favorite garden....the pictures don't do this beautiful garden justice. 






 

 
 
 We had one of these giant oak trees in the back yard of the house I grew up in.  I spent many
happy hours in the tree house dad built.  My legs and arms were usually covered with purple
dots of Mercurochrome from playing in the moss.  If you lived in the South in the fifties and
sixties you know all about red bugs and Mercurochrome.
 
 
 
 
 
The neighborhood also has lots of tropical plants.
 
 
Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you at the Open House party starting
 Wednesday evening.
 
xx,
Sherry
 
Partying this week at:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post